SWRPD is a growing organization seeking qualified individuals for sworn and civilian positions. Occasionally, SWRPD will also have internship opportunities available. Any and all opportunities will be posted on this page when they are announced.
Current hiring needs:
Part-time Police Officer
- To be considered for any sworn position, you must possess Act 120 police certification in Pennsylvania, and possess a MPOETC certification number with police experience.
- You must be at least 21 years of age at the time of appointment.
- You must have attained high school graduation or its equivalency.
- You must have a current driver’s license and be able to attain a Pennsylvania Driver’s License upon appointment.
- You must be able to complete a background investigation that may include, but is not necessarily limited to an examination of your criminal history, educational history, work history, medical examination, physical agility test, psychological testing, polygraph, and credit history.
If you meet the qualifications above, print and complete an application for employment and submit to Southwest Regional Police Department along with your current resume to:
Southwest Regional Police Department
212 State Street
Belle Vernon, PA 15012